Nearly 16 million Americans suffer in the US from depression. According to the National Institute of Mental Health, up to 40% of individuals do not receive adequate relief from current FDA-approved antidepressant medications. As many as two-thirds of people with depression aren't helped by the first antidepressant they try. Up to a third don't respond to several attempts at treatment. This “treatment-resistant depression” often leaves people frustrated, debilitated and hopeless. And sometimes, concerningly, suicidal.
We understand the burden that treatment-resistant depression can place on people and their loved ones. IV Ketamine may be able to help people struggling with depression and suicidal thoughts who have not responded to traditional medications. IV Ketamine has also shown impact on post-partum depression.
IV ketamine's use for depression has been shown to provide relief, offering a “lifeline for people with severe depression and suicidal thoughts” (CNN) and a “life changed by ketamine” (NPR). For some, relief is immediate, for others, they feel relief after the full cycle.
Overview: IV Ketamine for depression at Vitality Medical Infusions
- Ketamine is administered intravenously (IV) over 45 to 60 minutes, for a series of six infusions, generally every other day over a 2-3 week period. Our clinic has flexible hours to develop an infusion schedule that works for you.
- Studies have demonstrated that the effects can last from several weeks to several months.
- Occasionally, a booster infusion may be necessary to continue to extend the benefits of your initial series of infusions and keep your symptoms in remission.
- Maintain ongoing, regular contact with both your Primary Care Provider and your primary Mental Health Provider during and after your series of ketamine infusions.
- Cost: Each infusion is $495. Total cost for the full series of 6 infusions is $2,970. We also offer a military discount.
How do I get started?
- Contact Vitality Medical Infusions to schedule your free initial consultation with our clinical experts.
- Complete and submit the patient information form.